Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 97

Thread: Kaine vs. Kilgore

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Kaine vs. Kilgore

    Can someone post some facts about both men. I am not talkin bout a big 3 page copy and paste from some article either nor am I talkin bout "dis guys a liberal" or "tha guys a GOP", i just want facts, what do these men plan on doing for virginia if elected. I am a democrat by choice, but if a better republican canidate is running Ill vote for him.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_Sportsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    1,486
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kaine vs. Kilgore

    I know that Kilgore says UVA-Wise will get a new gym if elected.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kaine vs. Kilgore

    how is it we can have 20 different posts about the upcoming highschool football season and have over 100 replys but we can't discuss something as important as this? I mean we got a guy literally from our "neck of the woods" running for a VERY HIGH Government job and people just don't care? I mean we could get alot of stuff done to better southwest virginia, to better the lives we live. this upcoming election is that important, and yet it is taken a backseat to who is showing up for weightlifting every day. Do the people on the board, or even the people in SWVA know where these canidates stand on important issues such as Education? Welfare Refrom? Employeement opportunities? I'm not saying everyone is ignorant but it is imparative that we know these canidates who are running and what they stand for, and not just label them as DEMOCRATIC or REPUBLICAN.

    Straight ticket voting imo is as bad as not voting at all. because what you are saying is I'd dont care if Adolf Hitler ran I wouldnt vote for a democrat/republican.

    granted highschool football is important to alot of people in swva, maybe i am on the wrong board preaching, but I think this is our chance to make some noise and get some stuff done, but in order for us to do that, we have to know where these guys stand.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kaine vs. Kilgore

    Your entitled to your opinion but for major offices I believe just voting for the person is dumb. I mean its not like George Bush could come out and say he supported abortion or that some democrat could come out and say that they didn't. I know some from each party approve and disapprove of abortion but my point is that for the most part they agree with a certain party. If we just voted for the person and their beliefs why would we even have a party at all? As to why nobody responded to this I think its because most political threads end up in arguments with religous people labeling the dems liberals and baby killers and the dems labeling republicans as right wing nuts.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kaine vs. Kilgore

    i couldnt agree with you more. i just hate it when you try to talk politics with someone who wont even open their eyes and see what is going on. Like I said I am democratic but if a better republican canidate is running then I'll vote for him.

    My stance on abortion for example: I think it should be legal under the circumstance that the person was raped/molested, and/or the child/mother will die from the birth. However I think it should be legal. America was created to give people the right to choose, is abortion murder, well lets let God judge these people and not the united states supreme court. abortions are gonna happen whether or not it is legal or not, i would just hate to see someone who has been raped and stands a chance of dying have to go into some alley to have an abortion via a coat hanger. I just want to echo that I am completely against abortion except for those circumstances, if you get a girl pregnent then you should be man enough to take care of it the right way.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kaine vs. Kilgore

    i have yet to make up my mind in this one, i would like to get all the programs and such back to SWVA but im not so sure even kilgore would be all up for that, he has already proposed budget cuts for my mother's program (adulted) and Head Start programs in this area

    but i know he is a good man and would do the job well, however, i have yet to read up on Kaine to know if he would be the man for the job

    but if i had to vote right now itd be kilgore on recognition alone, but i will read up on Kaine first
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kaine vs. Kilgore

    You nailed my view on abortion as well.

    I seldom think any particular person can make much of a difference. I haven't really looked into much of the issues that either of them support, but just due to the proximity and hope that he might do more for this area, I'd lean Kilgore as of now. There is still quite a bit of time to learn more about them and I hope to.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kaine vs. Kilgore

    "is abortion murder, well lets let God judge these people and not the united states supreme court."

    Don't worry God will judge them when the time comes...but in the meantime if I decide to go in a convenience store and bust a cap between the clerks eyes and take all the money then shouldn't the court also just let God decide whether that was ok or not? That sounds a little like anarchy to me.

    One of the greatest gifts that God gave Man while making him in his own image was the ability to reason....that means he gives us the intelligence and capacity to decide right from wrong and henceforth make the laws of the land for all individuals to abide by....if we choose to ignore this gift and allow for evil or wrong doing to be "legal" and acceptable in our society then we will all be ultimately responsible.....i.e... Sodom and Gemorrah

  9. #9
    Inactive Member smarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    1,264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kaine vs. Kilgore

    2 hot button issues in VA facing both candidates: death penalty and taxes

    Debate over last year's tax increase is expected to dominate this fall's gubernatorial race between Lt. Gov. Timothy M. Kaine and Attorney General Jerry W. Kilgore. Kaine, a Democrat, supported the increases. Kilgore, a Republican, opposed them. Both candidates say the issue underscores their philosophical differences.

    Kaine said the increases bolstered core services and protected the state's top-notch credit rating. "The issue is fiscal responsibility versus just say no,"? Kaine said. "I'm not going to be a one-man bond-wrecking crew as governor. You have to have someone who's willing to make hard decisions. To me, it's leadership versus trying to duck responsibility."?

    Kilgore, without offering specifics, says state government needs to improve efficiency and frets that the tax increases will hurt Virginia's competitiveness in attracting jobs. "I supported lower tax burdens on our citizens, and my opponent did not,"? Kilgore said. "Virginians will have a choice."?

    Another key political issue this year will be the death penalty. Virginia has executed 94 people since 1976, trailing only Texas. During that time, no candidate who supports capital punishment has been elected governor.

    Kaine, a devout Catholic, personally opposes the death penalty although he promises to carry out the law if elected. Kilgore questions his opponent's resolve and will keep the issue alive this winter by seeking to expand capital punishment.

    In most cases now, the death penalty in Virginia can be applied only to the actual person who committed a murder. In the wake of a pair of snipers who terrorized Virginia in 2003, Kilgore wants a law that would make people who abet murders eligible for executions.

    Currently, judges impose life sentences when juries deadlock over the death penalty. Kilgore is backing legislation that would allow judges to replace stalemated juries with a new panel that would solely consider whether to impose a capital sentence.

    "The death penalty will be one of many issues we talk about this year,"? Kilgore said. "The Virginia view has always been that we support the death penalty."?

    Kaine opposes Kilgore's effort and says it may be unconstitutional. "We already rank second in the United States in the number of people we execute and I'm not convinced the system here is broken and needs to be expanded,"? he said. "I'm more focused on preventing crime, in robust economic development, quality schools and affordable health care."?

    Kaine is backing legislation that would give judges wider discretion in jailing juveniles who illegally carry guns. He's supporting tax breaks for small businesses that provide health insurance to employees, annual evaluations for teachers and a resolution committing the state to gradually raising teachers' salaries to the national average.

    Kilgore is backing legislation that would allow neighborhoods to invoke nuisance laws against gangs. He wants to increase penalties for manufacturing methamphetamine and create economic development incentives for rural and urban Virginia.

    Kaine and Kilgore are in firm agreement on one thing: The Assembly will not tarry past its Feb. 26 adjournment date.

    "No one wants to stay any longer,"? Kaine said. "It's just not as confrontational as it was last year,"? Kilgore said.


  10. #10
    Inactive Member 7_32's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2002
    Posts
    242
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kaine vs. Kilgore

    This website may provide "some" help, but it's definitley biased to the right....as you will be able to tell by the name...

    http://www.vaconservative.com/

    if you look around though, you should find some of the info you're looking for...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •